I wanted to share with you some information on Athletes in Action movements around the country. Jesus is on the move and he is using AIA staff and Ministry Partners (YOU) to reach athletes so they can be trained to disciple other athletes.
These stats are pretty incredible:
- At Rutgers University, each of the 20 varsity sports teams have been introduced to a basic message of spiritualgrowth. 235 athletes recently came out for a pizza eating contest.
- At Virginia Tech, almost every sports team has a Bible study.
- At UCLA, 60 student athletes came to the first meeting of the Fall semester on campus.
- At Cal Berkeley, there is a true follower of Jesus on 22 of the 28 varsity sports teams.
- At LSU, a partnership withFCA, the local church and Athletes in Action continues to flourish and reach hundreds of athletes.
- In Wisconsin, 40 student athletes from 8 different campuses attended a weekend retreat designedto train and equip them for ministry.
- At the University ofMinnesota, 187 student athletes are involved in 31 different weekly discipleship groups, and 13 of these are lead by athletes, not staff.
- The Ohio State University, has student led Bible studies on 24 of the 36 varsity sports teams.
Praise God for His work.